+ Register to Reply
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 296

Thread: Low rare plant and low rare fish - Nemo's Reef (View Game Forum)

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481

    Low rare plant and low rare fish

    So far, from what I know, others have tried this and it works. Remember most important point is rare plants and rare fish should be around 60 percent. This is the key to being due a new fish.

    Rdematic

    Reef name and user name is the same.
    I would like to share this with everyone having difficulty getting 100 percent on rare plants and fish. When I was leveling up around level 28 I had a difficult time keeping my rare plants at 100 percent, I purchased some pearls to get my rare plant level up, I planted 5 at one time and was surprised that I got 2 new rare plants and new fish at the same time. My girlfriend was also having the same problem at level 32. I told her to plant 9 ten pearl seeds and one 45 pearl seed. Just to see if the same would happen. She bought pearls and planted 7 extraordinary seeds and one 45 pearl seed (no more space). To my surprise and hers, she got 3 new rare plants and new fish out of those seeds. Her rare plants and fish went up to 85 percent. I can not guarantee that this will happen for you, but that is my experience. If you are lower than 60 percent I think this will work. I try not to give advice until I can test the results, but difficult to test twice. Had the chance only because of my girlfriend. Good luck and if u try succeed or fail please let us know. Remember, only if your below 60 percent you should have a good chance. I had a power reef for leveling up quickly, that is why my rares were low, same as my girlfriend.
    At level 40 and finished I have all known plant combinations if anyone is interested.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481
    First person who tested successfully had this to say


    Originally Posted by Rdematic
    Your stats should be including your rare fish below 70 for this to be successful. Regardless what happens u will end up with some nice rare plants. Should act like a reef expansion. Use the extra space to plant some eggshell coral.
    HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

    OK....I got the Blue Thalassodendron and the White Mermaid's Fan...Blue Emperor Angelfish and White Angelfish AND throw Turquoise Bluespotted Ray as a bonus!!!!

    Heart way up to 69680.
    Rare plants way up to 75%
    Rare fish way up to 84%
    Vitality up to 85%

    AND a very empty reef!
    Those who are needing an expansion should just do this!!

    THANK YOU Rdematic very much! No apology needed! Lot's s of fun! Now I'm done for the weekend!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481
    Selling duplicate rares will help you lower your rare plant percentage, that is why he stated acts like a reef expansion. Use the space for producing plants and level up faster.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481
    Planting the pearl seeds should be done all at the same time, not one at a time. The trigger is being due a new fish, the concept is that it will give you a higher rare plant, because the rare plants are random it is possible to get two or more high rares when you are due the fish. That is why you have to do it at the same time, if you do one at a time this concept will not apply. If I had another reef I would do a totally radical test and plant more, but because I am at level 40 100,100,100,100 there is no way I can conduct any other test. Good luck if u decide to try and please post any successes you have here. Thanks and good luck.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481
    Try to save your pearls if you don't want to spend real cash. Try at least 6 pearl seeds, 10 extraordinary seeds and 10 mystery seeds. If u decide to test this, please specify your results.
    Last edited by Rdematic; 07-14-2013 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Spelling

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdematic View Post
    Selling duplicate rares will help you lower your rare plant percentage, that is why he stated acts like a reef expansion. Use the space for producing plants and level up faster.
    Haha Rdematic! You have worked hard and figured out a lot about this game and with your statement....that is why he stated...you have now found out that I am a she!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481
    You are a very aggressive she, my mistake. Based on your behavior, you are a serious player. I assumed that a she would be more conservative my mistake. GO GET EM! Hehe

  8. #8

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdematic View Post
    You are a very aggressive she, my mistake. Based on your behavior, you are a serious player. I assumed that a she would be more conservative my mistake. GO GET EM! Hehe
    Well...Thank you! Just a long time IBMer nerd that loves Nemo!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481
    Posted by cindersreef

    I received four rare fish overnight. Green parrot fish, orange mandarinfish, dusky batfish, and pink emperor angelfish. Anyone know what keeps them around? I have four rare plants growing from mystery seeds, but I don't know what the plants are yet. Thanks. Level 13. Cindersreef

    This player planted multiple mystery seeds at an early stage of the game, level 13. Many were sparkling. Because she planted them all at the same time she received many new rare fish. She was also very low on rare plants and fish. There is a trigger to give you a new rare, if you plant many seeds the possibility for different new rares will present itself. I don't think she would have gotten the same results if she planted them one at a time. From personal experience planting one at a time often resulted in duplicate plants, often 20 or 30 of the same thing. That is also why I mentioned upon planting the pearl seeds include some mystery and egmatic, it can't hurt.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by NemosDoodlebug View Post
    Well...Thank you! Just a long time IBMer nerd that loves Nemo!
    Catch me on gmail same as reef name

  11. #11
    Senior Member Marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by NemosDoodlebug View Post
    Well...Thank you! Just a long time IBMer nerd that loves Nemo!
    You wouldn't happen to be a cave diver by any chance, would you?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pompano Beach, FL
    Posts
    195
    So, this seems to be a great idea if you still on the lower levels but unfortunately does not work on L40 when you are only missing 1 or 2 plants/fish. I tried this experiment twice- not a big deal to do & worth a try for me to get the yellow mermaid fan & corresponding yellow frogfish. First attempt here. Second attempt below. Now, I get to slowly crawl out of the hole I dug for myself. Even more motivation to keep planting seeds!

    Rdematic- I get your point on the high % of rare fish but I think it actually boils down to the algorithm that the developers are using to produce rare plants. The higher the value, the more difficult they are to get- think about how seldom you get multiples of the 3 highest value plants as opposed to the lower values.

    Started with:
    177K
    Overall heart: 58%
    Plants: 66%
    Rare plants: 39%
    Rare Fish: 91%
    Guests:100%

    Here’s what I grew (planted & fed all at once) & what they produced:
    Spectacular: 2- orange halimeda, blue sea grapes

    Extraordinary: 11- (4) yellow thalassia, (2) pink water hyssop, (1) blue thalassodendron, (1) white sea nymph, (1) amber sea nymph, (1) brown himanthalia, (1) green thalassia (sold off)

    Enigmatic: 5- (1) sky blue pillow, (1) green sea flower, (1) blue thalassodendron, (1) yellow thalassia

    Mystery: 13 + 2 that I already had growing: (1) amber sea nymph, (2 ) pink water hyssop, (1) yellow thalassia, (1) olive himanthalia, (1) green eucheuma, (1) light green seamoss, (1) giant dark yellow seaweed, (1) violet seaweed, (2) giant green seaweed, (1) green straight seaweed, (1) orange bell sea pen (1) violet moss & (1) ruby sea flower

    191K after spectacular & extraordinary:
    H- 63%, P-68%, RP-48%, RF- 91%, G-100%

    195K after enigmatics finished growing:
    H- 64%, RP-50%, RF- 91%, G- 100%

    201K after mystery seeds finished growing:
    H-66%, P- 73%, RP- 50%, RF- 91%, G- 100%

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
    So, this seems to be a great idea if you still on the lower levels but unfortunately does not work on L40 when you are only missing 1 or 2 plants/fish. I tried this experiment twice- not a big deal to do & worth a try for me to get the yellow mermaid fan & corresponding yellow frogfish. First attempt here. Second attempt below. Now, I get to slowly crawl out of the hole I dug for myself. Even more motivation to keep planting seeds!

    Rdematic- I get your point on the high % of rare fish but I think it actually boils down to the algorithm that the developers are using to produce rare plants. The higher the value, the more difficult they are to get- think about how seldom you get multiples of the 3 highest value plants as opposed to the lower values.

    Started with:
    177K
    Overall heart: 58%
    Plants: 66%
    Rare plants: 39%
    Rare Fish: 91%
    Guests:100%

    Here’s what I grew (planted & fed all at once) & what they produced:
    Spectacular: 2- orange halimeda, blue sea grapes

    Extraordinary: 11- (4) yellow thalassia, (2) pink water hyssop, (1) blue thalassodendron, (1) white sea nymph, (1) amber sea nymph, (1) brown himanthalia, (1) green thalassia (sold off)

    Enigmatic: 5- (1) sky blue pillow, (1) green sea flower, (1) blue thalassodendron, (1) yellow thalassia

    Mystery: 13 + 2 that I already had growing: (1) amber sea nymph, (2 ) pink water hyssop, (1) yellow thalassia, (1) olive himanthalia, (1) green eucheuma, (1) light green seamoss, (1) giant dark yellow seaweed, (1) violet seaweed, (2) giant green seaweed, (1) green straight seaweed, (1) orange bell sea pen (1) violet moss & (1) ruby sea flower

    191K after spectacular & extraordinary:
    H- 63%, P-68%, RP-48%, RF- 91%, G-100%

    195K after enigmatics finished growing:
    H- 64%, RP-50%, RF- 91%, G- 100%

    201K after mystery seeds finished growing:
    H-66%, P- 73%, RP- 50%, RF- 91%, G- 100%
    I am glad u experimented at level 40 I didn't try that. But one key factor is low rare fish 60 or below. I did the experiment when my girlfriend was at level 34, no problem.

    The other nemos doodlebug is also at level 32. I think doing the experiment is also good at level 40 if your rare fish are low. This would apply to those who have power reefs and are leveling quickly. I also believe higher levels give u higher rares increasing the chance of more rare fish. So if u don't plant pearl seeds for about 10 levels, drop your rare fish and plant totals you could conceivably get 6 or 8 at the same time. This is better than waiting for one plant at a time and worrying about vitality.

  14. #14
    Y'all are sweet! I am not a cave diver but I could try that...put it on my bucket list! I do l

  15. #15
    I am going to start a new experiment. Just leveled up...had a margarita...bought some pearls. I'll list my results soon. (Do not mean to offend.... appreciate you all.)

    Checked my numbers and my rare fish only dropped to 74%!
    Last edited by NemosDoodlebug; 07-16-2013 at 02:52 AM.

+ Register to Reply
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ugliest Plant/Ornament/LivingPlant/Rare Plant
    By AutumnPhoenix in forum Nemo's Reef
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 07:47 AM
  2. Nemo's Reef - How to get a SPECIFIC rare plant?
    By Patrick in forum Nemo's Reef
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 09:46 PM
  3. Rare plant problem
    By Beth_Wilkins in forum Nemo's Reef
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
  4. New rare plant but no fish??
    By Xcdsew in forum Nemo's Reef
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM
  5. Rare plants/Rare Fish
    By stephanietm2405 in forum Nemo's Reef
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •