+ Register to Reply
Page 17 of 72 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Useful Tips for Nemo's Reef - Nemo's Reef (View Game Forum)

Quote Originally Posted by MeekyChunky View Post
    Hi All, I've been reading along since I found the thread looking for hints and have joined up to follow along. Thanks for all the info so far it has been very useful. I originally downloaded the game for my two year old son and I agree with others that this is definitely not a game for kids. So now I play while I wait for the time to set up my reef tank again since shutting it down to move.

I think I have a combination that hasn't been posted. Orange Bell Sea Pen, Saffron Java Moss (scored it from a mystery seed) and and Orange Tube Sponge.
    Another combo I've got with the purple highlight is Orange Bell Sea Pen, Orange Water Hyssop Flowers and Orange Tube Sponge, there is also a Pastel Orange Halimeda Plant nearby that also In the highlight but I'm not sure if its necessary as I think the animation happened when I moved the Hyssop near the others already grouped.

I doubt I'll be able to provide many more tips as I'm only a lowly level 16 lol.
    Feel free to add my reef: MeekyChunky I'll be sure to add yours and check out your reefs.
    Pretty sure combo is just orange sea bell pen and orange tube sponge . Don't think the other two mentioned do anything else - at least not for me!

Hi All, I've been reading along since I found the thread looking for hints and have joined up to follow along. Thanks for all the info so far it has been very useful. I originally downloaded the game for my two year old son and I agree with others that this is definitely not a game for kids. So now I play while I wait for the time to set up my reef tank again since shutting it down to move.

I think I have a combination that hasn't been posted. Orange Bell Sea Pen, Saffron Java Moss (scored it from a mystery seed) and and Orange Tube Sponge.
    Another combo I've got with the purple highlight is Orange Bell Sea Pen, Orange Water Hyssop Flowers and Orange Tube Sponge, there is also a Pastel Orange Halimeda Plant nearby that also In the highlight but I'm not sure if its necessary as I think the animation happened when I moved the Hyssop near the others already grouped.

I doubt I'll be able to provide many more tips as I'm only a lowly level 16 lol.
    Feel free to add my reef: MeekyChunky I'll be sure to add yours and check out your reefs.
    One way you can check for sure is move something out that you think is needed. Things that are required will animate and glow and then the combo pieces will glow when you move it back (you can do this at anytime). So if you move out the sea pen from above and move it back you will see what makes the combo. There does not seem to be a don't do that glow if you move them part accidentally when moving the reef around though. In general it seems that things of a color seem to be a combo but other times not (or maybe just we have not found that random third item needed. Some don't seem to have a decipherable pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by BeakerMuppet View Post
    Well I can't really tell for sure what caused it too stay. But I do know that the coral I was referring too was a Tentacle coral seems fishy to me. But if your saying it showed up for you at 25. I'm not sure that's it. Unless you have something like that. I'm not to 25 yet.
    how sad the tentacle coral is not yet available until level 28. my quest says rocks and shells are a perfect place for them to hide. I've tried all combination I can think of rocks and shell still can't figure it out .....

Quote Originally Posted by Danka View Post
    Lvl 30(my friend): 1 new friend and 1 new building, no new space.
    I try understand information about new plants. Now i can said only about one:
    Tentacle coral -100 hp - 40sd - 8hr
    does your friend already have yellow octopus? could you please do me a favor if he /she does? could you please visit his/her reef and look for any combination which involved shells and rocks? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
    how sad the tentacle coral is not yet available until level 28. my quest says rocks and shells are a perfect place for them to hide. I've tried all combination I can think of rocks and shell still can't figure it out .....
    I don't have the octopus, but have you tried the urchin shell? I've been trying to figure out a combo for that.

One way you can check for sure is move something out that you think is needed. Things that are required will animate and glow and then the combo pieces will glow when you move it back (you can do this at anytime). So if you move out the sea pen from above and move it back you will see what makes the combo. There does not seem to be a don't do that glow if you move them part accidentally when moving the reef around though. In general it seems that things of a color seem to be a combo but other times not (or maybe just we have not found that random third item needed. Some don't seem to have a decipherable pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
    What about the green and yellow snail (thassa-however you spell that) rare plant. ?? It looks like a shell.

I took away the halimeda and it stopped glowing purple, added it back and the purple returned, then took away the hyssop and the purple remained. So the combo I have is Orange Tube Sponge, Pale Orange Halimeda Plant and Orange Bell Sea Pen. I'm pretty sure I started with just the tube sponge and bell sea pen as I found that combo here but I definitely remember getting the animation when I moved my halimeda next to them.

ETA must have had the halimeda just far enough away. I did think it funny that there'd be a combo that 1) used a previous combo and 2) used a rare fish attracting rare plant but as we've all discovered there isn't a lot of rhyme or reason with some aspects of this game
    Last edited by MeekyChunky; 01-18-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Yep confirmed what you get at each level does not seem to be standard. Got to 25 and what shows up for me is the red seahorse. Seen elsewhere this is a grouping of green marine bonsai. Trying that to see.
    Red seahorse. Added two green marine bonsai next to each other. They were remote but I don't think that matters. I had two existing in other locations. I did get one from a mystery seed but I think that was after it showed up.

I took away the halimeda and it stopped glowing purple, added it back and the purple returned, then took away the hyssop and the purple remained. So the combo I have is Orange Tube Sponge, Pale Orange Halimeda Plant and Orange Bell Sea Pen. I'm pretty sure I started with just the tube sponge and bell sea pen as I found that combo here but I definitely remember getting the animation when I moved my halimeda next to them.

ETA must have had the halimeda just far enough away. I did think it funny that there'd be a combo that 1) used a previous combo and 2) used a rare fish attracting rare plant but as we've all discovered there isn't a lot of rhyme or reason with some aspects of this game
    I just tried the halimeda then orange pipe no white burst. Added ball sea, and the ball sea and pipe -only- did the white burst. The purple will glow and fade all the time after the combo is made. Could be a combo that works just for you but I can't reproduce it.

I am about the same level as you but almost at 18. I downloaded it for my kids but I'm the one playing it now because its too hard for them and strangely addictive for me! The Orange Tube Sponge, Orange sea pen and Pastel Orange Halimeda glowed purple for me but only after I moved them around in different positions. I will add the saffron java moss too -Thanks for the tip. I will check out your reef (mine is the same as my name on here)

Wonder if the 'for a worthy cause' thing is the Saturday challenge. Even though its still Friday. Hmmm

Yep yellow trumpet fish. Is the reward.
    Last edited by BeakerMuppet; 01-19-2013 at 03:23 AM.

I always get the Saturday challenge on friday... but i thought that it was because of my time zone... (5 hrs behind east coast US)...

Anyone find a combination for the yellow sponge bed? I think I have tried all i have now, still no luck.

Trumpet fish is cool :-) thankyou Saturday challenge !!!
    Last edited by Muppet1097851; 01-19-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Quite a few I've visited on here have the red clown frogfish. But not me . Was this a rare plant fish?

Alik, I wanted to see your reef but what is the name of it? Alik didnt work when I tried to look it up. Thanks!

+ Register to Reply