The Playstation 2 console is one of my favorite video game consoles of all time. It backwards compatibility, easy controls, and impressive video game library easily appealed to many Sony fans as well as video game fans in general. Although I also owned a Nintendo Gamecube and had experience with the Xbox console, I always considered the Playstation 2 as the best console of the last generation consoles.

When I think about it, the Nintendo Gamecube lacked backwards compatibility because the Nintendo 64 games were in cartridge form. The library of video games also appealed mostly to the kid audience unlike the Playstation 2 that had a variety of games for fans regardless of their age. The Xbox was the new console on the scene, but its library of video games seemed fairly limited to me and that didn't appeal to me at all. It was pretty clear that the Playstation 2 was dominate in more than one area. These facts, plus my personal experiences made me make my decision.

I don't know whether or not you'll agree with me, but I'll always consider the Playstation 2 the best game console of last gen.